Seeing Double - Finished
So being a little behind I didn't finish them until this morning. The nice part of the entire operation was that both socks were finished at roughly the same time. I think I will do this again. My only problem was the yarn, Fabel from Garnstudio, which simply wouldn't match up. Both balls were somewhat different and I ended up having to cut the yarn and search for a match, grrr. And of course the miserable Kitchener stitch to graft the toe. That one always gives me a little grief.
So here are the finished socks all ready for my hubby. He really needed a new pair.
I have a lot of little bits and pieces of wool left over from various projects that is starting to clutter up my life. I have decided to turn those bits into squares.
There is a rehab hospital here in Toronto where I was lucky enough to go after my hip replacement. There are now a lot of Canadian soldiers recovering from serious injuries incurred in Afghanistan. Most have family and friends nearby but some do not. My plan is to make a blanket for as many as I can, to give a little comfort. Just a small one to fit on a lap while sitting in a wheel chair, I'm thinking.
So this is my new project...