Sunday, March 11, 2007

Something New - For Whom I Know Not


I have been wanting to knit something lacy for a while now and bought a book, Victorian Lace Today by Jane Sowerby. The shawls and scarves all look really lovely and really difficult to make. I did try to start something from a chart but find myself unable to read them. That's weird actually because I can read charts when I'm doing filet crochet, which I love.

But for some unknown reason I am unable to knit from a chart. I will someday have to get over that fear, meanwhile I found a pattern on Knit Picks called Dimple Shale Lace Scarf. Because it's only 6.5 inches wide I decided to triple the stitches and it's working out for me. It's a simple four row pattern, lacy enough to satisfy me for the time being. Once it gets a little longer the pictures will be better. I'm also going camera shopping this week for my birthday present.


I have had this lovely pink alpaca/wool blend hanging around and decided I would use it for this shawl. I think it will look lovely on summer evenings with a white sundress...but oh, I have a long way to go, I'd like it to be at least 72 inches long.

The bad news for me is that my navy cardigan has been fragged. I had finished the back and one side and realized it wasn't going to be big enough. It was the second time this had been fragged and since I'm superstitious, I couldn't cast on for the third time. I need to find a new pattern.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Jan said...

What lovely lace. I love that color! It's too bad about your navy cardigan. Sometimes it's better to just put it away and forget about it for awhile. At least that is what I do and probably why I have so many unfinished projects!

March 12, 2007 at 9:56 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home