Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Nothing To Show - Yet!

I hate writing posts when I have no photo's but will do it anyway, this time. I bought a new book, Debbie Bliss, Simply Baby and started a hooded jacket in a pretty lime green wool. It's on circular needles so really difficult to photograph. Maybe another couple of days or so it will start to shape up enough to take a picture. I'm also still playing around with my new camera, a Canon Powershot A550 that has way too many buttons to suit me, but that's life, I'll figure it out.

When I get tired of baby stuff I go back to my shawl and it's growing slightly. There are about 8 inches knit of what is hopefully going to be 72 inches. I bought myself some lovely rosewood needles for that project, which I have never owned before. They were incredibly expensive and I doubt that I will be able to buy too many. I need to save my pennies for a swift and maybe a ball winder.

I had intended to dye the yarn this week but I am too stressed at the moment with my Mom's health situation that I really can't concentrate on any one thing for any length of time. I decided to wait until things calm down a bit and she starts to hopefully, feel better.

I received a package today from a fellow blogger which made me smile all day. Along with a purse pattern she threw in a little gift of music on a CD. Thing is, this woman doesn't know me, we have maybe exchanged 10 emails at best, yet the selection of songs seemed to have been chosen just for me, coincidence? She has a campaign going called CAOK, Calculated Acts of Kindness, I intend to pass it on. She is very kind.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Jan said...

Bloggers can be the best sometimes can't they? I'm sorry about your mom. I hope she gets better soon. I'll be crossing my fingers for you and sending good kharma your way. Funny that we both got cameras for our b'days. Must mean something but I don't know what. Hang in there.

March 29, 2007 at 9:06 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home