Monday, April 23, 2007

A Little Progress On The Shawl

It has been difficult to work on this shawl, by the time I get home from the hospital at night I'm generally too tired to concentrate. But there has been some progress, it's about 10 inches now and I would like it to grow to 72 inches.



It is a pretty pattern though and the yarn is super soft. It will be nice and warm around my shoulders.



Today was difficult for me. My neighbour had her surgery today and she has no family in T-Dot. Fortunately both of them are in the same hospital so I was able to split my time between E. and my Mom. My Mom did get a new roomate today, the roomate from hell. She began her tirade against us the moment she was wheeled into the room by calling us F..k..g Krauts and just got progressively worse. At one point she pitched her dinner tray in my direction and I reported that to the nurses. Hopefully they can calm her down before tomorrow or I might just loose my calm.

We are still waiting on the pacemaker and today I heard it might not happen. Why asked I? Is it because of my Mom's age? Are the limited resources in the hospital for younger people? What's the issue? I don't know but I'm sure going to find out.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Jan said...

Sounds like a stressful situation being made even worse for you! Its so hard to find out what is going on in a hospital isn't it? Good luck getting rid of the roommate. You and your mom don't need that on top of everything else. Boy when it rains it pours doesn't it? I'll be sending good calming thoughts your way. Things have to get better for you!

April 25, 2007 at 8:46 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home