Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Can't Stop Knitting Socks

After the mess that was SockWarsIII I swore off socks for a while. But not too long, I need to finish these for a birthday present by Saturday.



Love the yarn, its by Regia Cotton Color and it's super easy to knit with.



I also finished the Central Park (non) Hoodie and was able to get a reasonable photo in between rain storms. I did it with a collar instead of a hood deciding that hoods don't really work for me. Loved the yarn which came from Webs, Northampton in a warm brown heather color.



Back to the socks, oh yes...I did get a delivery from KnitPicks today, a whole shitload of sock yarn...

Labels:

6 Comments:

Blogger Jan said...

Great job on your collar. Like the socks,what pattern are you using?

June 20, 2008 at 5:20 PM  
Blogger Rositta said...

Hi Jan, the pattern is Lacertilia from Dipsy Doodle and if you search on Ravelry you will find it. I've had it kicking around for a while...ciao

June 20, 2008 at 5:44 PM  
Blogger Rudee said...

I love the collar on your CPH! I didn't doubt for a moment that you'd come up with a workable solution. It's beautiful. I love the socks too.

I do have a pair of socks on the needles but not much time to devote to them. I'm hoping to be out of afghan hell soon. I see my supply of yarn dwindling in the bag so it's soon. Then I get to do the fringe and block the beast.....

June 21, 2008 at 7:52 AM  
Blogger Rositta said...

I too have a shawl on needles, since a year actually but since it's for me I don't rush it. I'm going to be looking for a spinning wheel as well. I have an antique one but it requires too much repair to make it worthwhile, sad actually...ciao

June 21, 2008 at 2:17 PM  
Blogger Rudee said...

Check Craig's List for a spinning wheel.

June 22, 2008 at 7:15 AM  
Blogger Patricia said...

Good for you. Keep the economy going! I did SockWars 1 and thought it too brutal to participate in again. I was sorry to hear about the outcome this time.

June 23, 2008 at 7:43 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home