Thursday, July 3, 2008

For Lack Of Anything Better - More Socks

Pretty soon your going to think that socks is all I knit but you'd be wrong. I am working on a shawl that keeps ending up at the bottom of my pile. I seem to have lost interest in it but every once in a while I pick it up and really get into a groove.

But for being in the car socks are a way better project. The pattern is less complicated and if I make a mistake (which I do frequently), it's generally not too difficult to fix, whereas with the shawl, if I didn't have a lifeline I'd be royally screwed. If you need to know what a lifeline is you'll have to read At Knit's End by Stephanie Pearl McPhee, aka the Yarn Harlot. Even with a lifeline, the pattern is so complicated that I need serious quiet time to work on it. It will someday get finished though.
Meanwhile I present these cute little summer ankle socks made from Knit Picks Risata which I adore. There is just the right mix of cotton, superwash wool, polyamid and something called elite. That must be what gives it the stretch.

July 3 001


July 3 005

The pattern is from knitty.com and is called "Vog on"...whatever. I don't know how they come up with these names but it works for me. It has a really nice picot cast-on that's done using a knitted cast one and is quite simple once you get the hang of it. This is now the second pair I've made with this yarn and this pattern and they fit nicely.

Guess what, I already cast on for a pair of Monkey Socks...

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Rudee said...

I am on a roll with finishing things. The afghan, done. The pink sweater, sleeves now cast on. The pink lemon twist Terra Incognito-stagnating but not for long. I'm thinking about a top down turtleneck which if I cast on now, may be done by winter.

Love your Vog On sockies....

July 3, 2008 at 11:29 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home