Saturday, November 1, 2008

Is Anybody Still Out There?

Probably not since I've been gone from this blog for over two months now. Kind of hard to keep two blogs going when your travelling. That doesn't mean that I gave up knitting, quite the contrary. Stuff did get done en route although not nearly as much as I'd have liked.

I started what I thought would be cute little cardi on the plane to Greece. It is a pattern I bought and it looked great on paper. In real life, not so much and I ended up frogging it...

Nov 1 2008

Now I don't know what to do with this yarn so I guess it will end up in the stash for a while.

The next project was a pair of vanilla socks that travelled with me from Greece to Germany and finally back to Greece were I finished them out of desperation. It was cold and they needed to be pressed into service.

Vanilla Spcls

I've been back for a couple of weeks now but haven't had the energy to post. I was laid up for a few days with a back issue but that didn't stop me from starting a couple of new project.

While we were in Greece there were a couple of times when my husband jealously eyeballed my Central Park Hoodie (without the hood) and I knew if it would have fit him he'd have stolen it from me, it was so cold at times so I decided to knit him his very own cardigan with leftover wool.

So far I've managed the back to the armholes and since I don't really have a pattern I hope I can make it fit him.

Cardi for Steve

I have more of the beige wool than the brown so I'm doing progressive stripes. Should be interesting when it's done.

Meanwhile there was a request from my offspring for mitts and a hat for my granddaughter so I started fooling around with these last night. I really have no idea how big or little her hands are at the moment so I hope they fit.

Nov 1 2008

And just because I wanted to have some fun and had this yarn left in my stash, I did a curly scarf for myself. It's kind of fun...

Curly Scarf

There, I'm caught up now. There are other WIP's around but I'm not prepared to talk about those right now. I may someday get them finished.

Labels:

6 Comments:

Blogger Jane said...

Wow, you've been busy! Love those pink socks.

November 2, 2008 at 6:09 PM  
Blogger flutterby said...

You mean you got to carry knitting needles on the plane and knit en route? Cool.

November 15, 2008 at 7:31 AM  
Blogger Rositta said...

Hi flutterby, nice handle...yes my circular needles and wooden dp's both made it through security in Toronto, Athens and Berlin. So different from last year where I had to hide my dp sock needles in my eyeglass case. That worked too by the way...

November 15, 2008 at 10:34 AM  
Blogger Brenda said...

Wow! I am impressed! I just got back into knitting and just seem to be able to crawl along with it. I am actually kinda proud of myself though for sticking with it. At first I thought my left hand would be too arthritic, but so far not so bad!

November 18, 2008 at 8:31 PM  
Blogger Zaz said...

hello rositta,
it's always feels so sweet haring from you<3.
i've crocheted one curly lush scarf for myself and it's so much fun making it that i made 4 others for nephews who will have fun playing with them, if not wearing them, in bright color yarn. you chain a length then you do 3 dc in each chain.
for mine there was a second row where i made 2 dc in each chain.
in knitting do you knit 3 in each stitch for the first row then two in the second row?
i will be following your two blogs as i just remembered how i enjoy reading you.
what nick r u on ravelry?
tc OX

December 21, 2008 at 3:04 PM  
Blogger Rositta said...

Hi Zaz, nice to hear from you again. I'm rosimom on ravelry. I'm traveling again for Christmas so I'm not posting here for a bit. Merry Christmas to you and you family...

December 21, 2008 at 3:54 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home