Sunday, July 13, 2008

Problem Solved

In Fridays post I vented about my problem of yarn color. The yarn I dyed didn't match the yarn I bought on Ebay and I was fast running out. Seems these triangular shawls take a lot more yarn than I thought, sigh...

My friend Rudee suggested I frog the whole thing and incorporate the new yarn into the shawl. I had seriously considered it but really, I didn't like that option one bit. After all, I had a few hours of time invested in this thing already and just a little more than a month to finish it. Heck, I'd have to stop knitting socks.


July 13 2008 003

So, I did a little thinking, yes I do that sometimes... and decided if I couldn't dye the yarn to match the shawl, heck I'd just dye the shawl to match the yarn. Guess what... it worked and the results are below. Pretty darn close right?

Life is good...

July 13 2008 005

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger Rudee said...

Stunning. I'll have to remember to dye it all. It's beautiful Rositta.

July 14, 2008 at 12:09 AM  
Anonymous Beverly Mahone said...

Wow! And you also have clothes pins to color coordinate everything! Seriously, very nice job! The colors are beautiful. I actually bought a shawl in the Bahamas that displayed those colors. I wish I had the time and the patience to knit.

July 16, 2008 at 11:17 AM  
Blogger Rositta said...

Thanks Beverly, that shawl is taking way longer than I hoped and I'm getting pretty tired of it. Time to knit is a problem, patience, well you learn that...

July 21, 2008 at 8:57 PM  
Blogger Wilde Thyme Knits said...

Very resourceful - well done!

July 22, 2008 at 6:15 PM  
Blogger Rositta said...

Thank you wilde thyme, guess resourcefulness comes with age...

July 22, 2008 at 9:58 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home