Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Compulsivley Obsessed

I have this compulsion to finish every single work in progress before my appointment with the Retinal Surgeon next week. I have this awful fear that he won't be able to help restore the vision in my right eye. To say that I'm scared would be an understatement.

I started this Lace Shaw over a year ago and finally finished it last night. In the picture below it is unblocked.

Feb 4 2009 001

Below it is washed and blocked. See how it grew in size.

Feb 4 2009 003

I really love the pattern.

Feb 4 2009 002


This pattern is a freebie from Knit Picks and is the first lace I ever attempted. It's called Dimple Shale Lace Scarf and was just meant to be a scarf but I had about 600 grams of Alpaca/Wool hanging about that cried out for something pretty, hence this shawl. The pattern calls for a cast on of 53 stitches for a scarf but I used 155 stitches for a nice width.

Now I'm back to my husbands cardigan. The back is done and the two front panels, which I'm working on one circular needle is just about finished. I'm going to do the sleeves at the same time on circs so I get the increases and stripes in the right spot.

There's also a crochet project, yes I do that too...that's just about finished. I'll have pictures of it real soon, as soon as I find a really good place to photograph it. It's really, really big...

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Rudee said...

It's beautiful Rositta. I don't blame you for worrying. I've got my fingers crossed.

February 5, 2009 at 12:09 AM  
Blogger Brenda said...

Your work always looks so perfect whenever I have seen it. I am going to guess that you have been knitting for along time. Rudee amazes me at the complicated projects she tackles for only having been back at it for 5 years. I will say some prayers for your eye appointment to go well.

February 5, 2009 at 9:39 AM  
Blogger Rositta said...

Thanks Rudee, I had a really bad panic attack today in the store when I couldn't focus.
Thanks Brenda, I have been knitting most of my life but more seriously in the last 6 years. Rudee does fabulous stuff way more complicated than I would try...

February 5, 2009 at 7:12 PM  
Blogger Brenda said...

Sorry about your panic attack. I used to have those so bad many years ago. I almost became house bound from them. I don't know how I got better, but knock on wood they haven't been that bad for a few years now. I had them when no doctor or even a shrink could help me. I had to figure it out by myself more or less. Long story. Every one has their own stories about them I guess. Hope you feel better soon!

February 6, 2009 at 12:23 PM  
Blogger Rositta said...

Thanks Brenda, my panic is from not being able to see properly in one eye. It distorts everything and when I stood in front of the grocery shelf trying to find something and couldn't I panicked. I hope that my eye problem can be solved and life will go back to normal.

February 6, 2009 at 1:25 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home