Friday, December 11, 2009

A Little Busy

I have been knitting but not nearly as much as I'd like. Until I get my eyes fixed in January all knitting is done in little bits. No more knitting for hours at a time, it's just too tiring.

Because we are heading to somewhere very very cold for Christmas and because I just got my hair cut very very short, I'm rushing to finish the cowl pictured below. It needs to be about 19 inches high so I think I'm one pattern repeat away from finishing it. That's just 28 more rows.

Dec 11 2009 008

Dec 11 2009 009

I finished another little pair of socks for Ellie with leftover yarn and I have one more pair on the needles. I couldn't get the colors to match up with what little yarn I had left but I think it's okay.

Dec 11 2009 007

Now here I did a little better on matching leftover yarn but that's because I had a little more of it. These are plain vanilla socks but I loved the idea of not having leftover yarn and I hate waste.

Dec 11 2009 005

These are brand new yarn and I love the pattern. These have a turned over cuff which I won't do again. I had trouble lining up the live stitches with the cast on stitches to keep everything straight.

Dec 11 2009 004

So that's it for this year. I wish each and every one of you a very Merry Christmas or Happy Chanukah, and an incredible 2010.

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger RunwithSticks said...

-30 isn't cold - lol.

Seriously LOVE that cowl. What pattern is it?

And E's socks are so cute. The last pair are my favorite :)

December 11, 2009 at 11:59 AM  
Blogger Rositta said...

Carmen, try searching the Classic Elite Yarns website for the Fresco Basket Whip Cowl. Or send me your email (I've lost it) and I'll send you a pdf copy...

December 11, 2009 at 2:53 PM  
Blogger Rudee said...

I love all of your offerings. You've been very productive, even if your eyes have not.

Enjoy your holidays.

Hugs.

December 11, 2009 at 6:14 PM  
Blogger CaliforniaKat said...

The tiny socks are precious.

January 24, 2010 at 10:28 AM  
Blogger Rositta said...

Kat, when you have a baby I'll knit some for you...promise.

January 24, 2010 at 11:20 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home