Monday, January 22, 2007

My Love For Pots - Part 1

Many years ago when I was still selling real estate as a full time profession, I needed a creative outlet. I have always been a crafty type of chick and knitting, crochet and sewing were always part of my life.

I also went through my stained glass phase where there wasn't a window in my house that didn't have some sort of stained glass in it. I made light fixtures and lamps and glass for front doors. Then tennis elbow struck and I gave it up as a full time hobby. I still make the occasional piece of glass or panel if a friend requests it or the mood strikes.

But clay, now that's a whole different obsession. It started with a course at the local school, you know, the kind where bored housewives go to get out for the evening while hubby babysits. But for me it was the start of a love affair with clay. I promptly bought a wheel and a kiln.

We are fortunate to have a small cabin in cottage country very close to the town of Haliburton, Ontario. Now Haliburton happens to have the best summer school called appropriately the Haliburton School of Fine Arts and they offer courses in everything from stained glass, pottery, knitting to making fine french undies.

Of course I signed up not only for the beginner course but the advanced course in one month and when I was done I thought I was a Potter.

Stay tuned for part 2...

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home