Friday, August 3, 2007

It's About Time

I have been working on this book bag of and on for a couple of months. The reason is that large needles are difficult for me to work with. Also, the larger the project the heavier it gets and the end result is I get really sore shoulders. So this will be my last large project for a while. I'm not sure I like it but it will hold a lot of books.

felted book bag

I also finished the little socks. They are nice and lacy and I suspect I'll wear them a fair bit on my trip. They are made with Knit Picks Risata, in the Buttermilk colorway and are made up of Cotton, Superwash wool, Polyamid and Elite whatever that is, but they are nice and stretchy and when washed go back to their original shape.

Lacy Sockettes

I have yarn left over from these sock project and since I hate to waste yarn I cast on for some little wrist warmers. I don't have a pattern, I'm just kind of winging it and using the same lacy pattern.

No posting this weekend, I'm heading to the cabin for a little decompression after getting the news about my health. I wrote about that yesterday on my other blog so I won't go into it here. There is no DSL at the cabin so I won't even be tempted. I will return Tuesday, hopefully with another completed pair of socks. I wish everyone a lovely long weekend.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger randi K design said...

Hi Rositta, I love your new socks! - and have a nice trip!

August 9, 2007 at 9:14 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home