Monday, December 21, 2009

Follow The Leader

It all started over here. I should never read this blog when I'm looking for ideas of things to knit when I get bored with socks. I held back a few day because I had to buy this pattern and as another knitting blogger buddy of mine, I hate paying for patterns. I bit the bullet and last week purchased the pattern. They are a breeze to knit but they do require sewing them together, yuck.
Bits and pieces...

Ready to felt...

All done and drying. I still have to sew the tabs on and find a couple of cool buttons.


Because I'm kind of stingy I knit this bucket hat so I could felt both items at the same time. Sadly it didn't quite work out well. The slippers are done with Patons Classic Wool and take about 15 minutes. The hat below was done with Noro Kureyon and took more than half hour. At one point I took it out, rinsed it and actually tossed it in the dryer. Didn't work out either, it really needed to be felted again. More hot water and more electricity, yuck.

Pre felting...

All done and drying. Still looks a bit big but I'm hoping for the best.

To all my friends, an absolutely wonderful Christmas. We're off to visit the offspring in Calgary. See you all in January...

Rositta

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Rudee said...

Oh, the joys of felting. But no joy when they don't turn out, right?

I love your two toned slippers. I left the strap off mine. I knit another pair today and will try for another tomorrow. When the recipients arrive on Christmas day, we'll felt them together. Can't wait.

Enjoy your Christmas, Friend.

December 23, 2009 at 1:01 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home