Friday, February 12, 2010

Frogging Day

So I was pretty excited about this pattern and don't get me wrong, I still am. It's just that I'm not convinced this is the right yarn. I've had this Sea Wool in my stash for a couple of years and it looks really pretty in a skein.

Feb 12, 2010 001

I don't think it looks quite so pretty when it's wound and knit. Kind of blah actually, in my view.
The pattern itself is lovely but I think my needles are too small to do it justice. The yarn calls for 3mm and the pattern for 4mm so I used 3.25 mm.

There is one other thing that's bugging me about this pattern. You can knit this in two sizes and the smaller one calls for 330 yards. I have 350 yards and I'm just about finished and still have half the yarn left. It doesn't really tell you how much yarn you need for the larger size in other than laceweight which this definitely is not. So, I am seriously considering frogging it and either putting the yarn back in my stash or attempting the larger shawl and see if I have enough yarn. Of course if I do that and run out of yarn your going to hear a lot of cursing from this part of the world.

Feb 12, 2010 005

On a more positive note I finished knitting a little cardigan for my housekeeper, without whom I would be in a whole lot of trouble. She is my savior and deserves this. It's drying now and I'll spend the weekend putting it together as I watch the Olympics.

Feb 12, 2010 004

My Nefertiti Wrap is still on hold until I get more yarn from the company in Nova Scotia. I had email communication with them and they asked me to send them a strand of yarn. They said they would dye one skein for me and send it. Wasn't that nice of them?

Hope you all have a lovely weekend...

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home