Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Knitting Update - WIP

See, not just socks are getting knit around here. This is the back for my Central Park Hoodie and it's almost done. I have never had a cardigan in a brown tone but I think it will suit me and goes with just about everything I own color wise. I'm not very good at knitting larger things, it tends to hurt my hands and my shoulders so it is a slow knit. I hope that by the time we leave for Greece again it will be finished.

Central ParkHoodie Back

I'm also still working on this shawl from last year. I tend to do this one in bed at night while were watching Leno and manage about 8 rows a night. Someday it too will be finished.

Lace Shawl

And the socks, of course the socks always get finished... Seems to be the easiest thing to knit. The colorway, although beautiful presented a problem. I had a really nice pattern picked and after doing the entire leg I realized it wasn't going to look nice. So it got frogged and just done in stockinette stitch. Now even though I started my cast on for the second socks on exactly the same color it didn't come out the same. Why is that? This is not the first time this has happened to me. Anybody else have that issue?

Very Colorful

So here they are, the finished socks.

Socks That Rock

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Rudee said...

I like the brown color. It's very rich. Kind of hard to see the cables but it looks beautiful. I like the look of the socks. They don't match completely but are close enough that you know they're a pair. I like the pooling of color. It pleases my eye. I'm still hoping I don't get your dossier in Sock Wars.

April 3, 2008 at 12:09 PM  
Blogger CaliforniaKat said...

I think the socks are cute and totally suit you. :) Fun, colorful and unique.

April 3, 2008 at 12:24 PM  
Blogger Rositta said...

Rudee, there are three sets of cables but it difficult to photograph with my little Canon.
Kat you are my greatest fan, thanks...maybe you need a pair?

April 4, 2008 at 12:27 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home