Saturday, February 20, 2010

Ishbel - Done

I thought mistakenly that this was going to be an easy knit compared to the Nefertiti shawl that is currently awaiting new yarn. Did I mention that I contacted the Hand Maiden people and they are dyeing a skein of yarn just for me so I can finish it? I misread the pattern and simply didn't have enough yarn to finish it. So while awaiting the new yarn I started Ishbel.

I had it almost finished when I decided that it would look nicer on larger needles. So it got frogged. I restarted it last Friday night during the opening ceremonies of the Vancouver Winter Olympics. Yesterday it was done and blocked.

Ishbel

It's currently drying on the spare bed.

Ishbel

Ishbel

It is a nice pattern.

6 Comments:

Blogger Rudee said...

Wow! It's beautiful, Rositta.

February 21, 2010 at 7:49 AM  
Blogger Jane said...

It's stunning!!

February 28, 2010 at 6:27 PM  
Blogger Rositta said...

Thank you, now that I've mastered it I may have to make another one.

February 28, 2010 at 9:28 PM  
Anonymous Stephanie said...

That's really, really beautiful! Good job.

March 9, 2010 at 8:49 AM  
Blogger Rositta said...

Wow, a comment by Stephanie (The Yarn Harlot), I feel privileged, truly. Thank you Stephanie, I have realized that doing lace and charts are not for these old eyes.

March 9, 2010 at 12:29 PM  
Blogger Patricia said...

Great colors in that shawl. I m currently in Ishbel love and have made a a pair of Ishbel socks to match. You did a great job. Enjoy wearing it.

March 20, 2010 at 8:02 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home